HESLB : Frequently asked questions And Answer For loan application | Maswali na majibu kuhusu uombaji wa mkopo 2023. Find the list of Frequently asked questions during HESLB loan application and the Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB)
Here are some of the most common questions from Loan applicants and answers by provided by the Higher Education Students’ Loans Board. (HESLB)
HESLB : Frequently asked questions And Answer For loan application | Maswali na majibu kuhusu uombaji wa mkopo 2023
1. Q: When can I apply for higher education loan?
Answer: Loan applications are made once a year of study. For the year 2023/2024, applications will begin
received online from July 15 to September 30, 2023.
2. Q: What are the main characteristics of getting a higher education loan?
Answer: The loan applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Be a Tanzanian;
- Must have applied for a loan through the internet as directed;
- Must have a certified admission at a recognized college;
- Should not have another source of funding for his or her higher education studies like other funding, ZHELB n.k;
- In addition, the applicant is advised to read the detailed information about the qualifications and criteria provided in the Loan application Guide available at the HESLB website (www.heslb.go.tz)
3. Q: Are orphans and the disabled given priority in applying for loans?
Answer: In addition to the main features, credit planning also gives priority to specific groups such as applicants
orphans, disabled or parents with disabilities and students funded in high school due to inability to afford the cost of education.
You can Read:
- Priority Programmes to Get Loan HESLB 2023 | Kozi Zenye Kipaumbele Kupata Mkopo
- HESLB Loan Application Date 2023/2024
- HESLB Muongozo wa kuomba mkopo 2023/2024 | HESLB Guidelines And Criteria Loan Application
- HESLB Loan Application 2023/2024 | Best way to apply on OLAMS
- 205,000 Students To Get Loan
Who We Are
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem
- Assume control and management of loanable funds
- Formulate mechanisms for determining eligibility of students for loans
- Administer and supervise disbursement and repayment of loans offered since 1994
- Issue loans to eligible and needy Higher Education Students
- Keep and maintain the register and other records of loan beneficiaries and amounts granted to them
- Collect repayments for all loans issued to students since 1994 so as to re-lend the funds to other needy Tanzanian students
- Advise the Minister on policy and legal matters related to issuance and recovery of loans to students
- Establish operational linkages between the Board, higher learning institutions, loan beneficiaries and employers for effective issuance and recovery of loanable funds
- Establish and maintain cooperative network between the Board and other local and international stakeholders in higher education, be it Government or non- government institutions
- Conduct research and maintain a databank on other local and external scholarships, sponsorships and awards that may be accessed by Tanzania students
- Perform any other duties conferred by the Board or under the Act or any other written laws